THIS SITE HAS MOVED!!!!! PLEASE JOIN US AT:-

www.nightwalker.me

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN ^^
night walker scans
THIS SITE HAS MOVED!!!!! PLEASE JOIN US AT:-

www.nightwalker.me

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN ^^
night walker scans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

night walker scans

scan group that edit's raw manga.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome Page
www.nightwalker.me come join us there, watch anime online, submit your own work, read manga, play games and so much more, please please join WIN TWILIGHT

what languages do you speak?

Go down 
+23
Neneko
Huska
shippo-chan
TamiTamTami
dianachan
ItachiIsMyGod
Batan
2bakid
beowulftheseus
GarbagePheonix
Akeisha
kagomilee
CeruleanNight
lilvamp
midnightloon
etineski
Agitozecter
suien
Yuki-Chan
sanreyo
Night walker
Melody&Harmony
88hunny88
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
88hunny88
manga worshipers!
manga worshipers!

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-09-01

what languages do you speak? Empty
PostSubject: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:12 am

Apparently a comment I made concerning knowing multiple languages got people intrigued. So here's a thread just for that purpose.... for you to let us know what languages you know.

I am most proficient in American English.
I also speak in Vietnamese well enough for everyday conversation. I cannot read Vietnamese.
I also speak a little bit of Spanish and the Chinese dialect of Tao Chew (not sure if this is how you spell it.)

I also know a few German curses thanks to a German American friend but I don't think that really counts. lol
Back to top Go down
Melody&Harmony
MANGA ROYALITY
MANGA ROYALITY
Melody&Harmony

Number of posts : 595
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:32 am

Well, I can pretty much the best with English, seeing how English is my 1st language.

After English, would be Chinese. I can read, write and understand by listening most of the dialects. I can only speak Mandarin and Cantonese though.

I can understand Japanese when they speak but I can't read,write or speak. My mom taught me Japanese. But I never tried to speak or anything else besides listening.

That's about it...
Back to top Go down
Night walker
Admin
Admin
Night walker

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:33 pm

i speak british english, which you would say is completely the same as amercian but alas its not...we british spell things differently...

i speak, read, and write japanese.

i also speak, read and write french..although i hate french, sorry if anyone here is french...
Back to top Go down
https://nightwalkerscans.forumotion.co.uk
sanreyo
manga lovers
manga lovers

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 8:58 pm

88hunny88 wrote:
Apparently a comment I made concerning knowing multiple languages got people intrigued. So here's a thread just for that purpose.... for you to let us know what languages you know.

I am most proficient in American English.
I also speak in Vietnamese well enough for everyday conversation. I cannot read Vietnamese.
I also speak a little bit of Spanish and the Chinese dialect of Tao Chew (not sure if this is how you spell it.)

I also know a few German curses thanks to a German American friend but I don't think that really counts. lol

Hey, I'm the same except the Spanish, Chinese, and German part, but I do know French. I'm going to start learning Japanese and Chinese soon. Just an add on, I'll learn Korean too if I have the time.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan
MANGA ROYALITY
MANGA ROYALITY
Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 9:05 pm

I can fulently speak Vietmanese, Translate it too. So I can probaly translate for cha n.n Also learning spanish and Japanese XP mwahahahaha!!! yuki-chan is doing so well n.n not really!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/HitokageXDream
suien
manga lovers
manga lovers

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:29 am

Just English. I tried to learn other languages but I am bad at it.
Back to top Go down
Agitozecter
MANGA ROYALITY
MANGA ROYALITY
Agitozecter

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 5:02 am

I speak, read, and write English

and I speak fluently, read fluently, but have terrible handwriting in Japanese

I'm still learning spanish...but I'm getting there!
Back to top Go down
etineski
manga worshipers!
manga worshipers!

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 7:55 pm

kids.. theyre funny... ahh well let's see i do speak tagalog which is the filipino language.. and english which is the filipino 2nd language.. however, both american and brit english.. i can understand..I also speak them fluently.. and
lastly spanish... gracias!
Back to top Go down
88hunny88
manga worshipers!
manga worshipers!

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:56 pm

can u explain to me why you'd put a u in color? saw it spelled that way and missed a spelling test when i was in elementary school. dam brits... messing up the program... ;D
Back to top Go down
Melody&Harmony
MANGA ROYALITY
MANGA ROYALITY
Melody&Harmony

Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:06 pm

Actually English is a mixture of many languages. First it was from German, the foundation of English, this was when the Germanic tribes invaded Anglo-Saxons after the fall of Rome. As there was no written language, they adapted many of the Latin and Greek letters and grammatical rules. The viking's invasion then influenced the language even more. The during the Norman's invasion, they brought in french terms.

So there you have British English. From there, many other native languages influenced the language, resulting in American English, Manglish, Singlish and other forms of languages.

So the english language is still evolving and has not stop developing.

But pretty much everywhere besides america uses Brit English (if I'm not wrong).
Back to top Go down
midnightloon
manga lovers
manga lovers

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:34 am

I speak English and can understand, read but only speak a little french.
Back to top Go down
lilvamp
manga lovers
manga lovers

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 5:50 am

i can speak, write, read in english..
i can speak, write, read in chinese...
im learning french...
i dont know much....
Back to top Go down
CeruleanNight
manga lovers
manga lovers

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 2:36 am

The languages that I know how to speak so far are English (fluent), Cantonese (somewhat fluent) , Mandarin (a bit), and im learning how to speak Spanish along with Japanese. ^-^ Yay. I really like to learn about languages just because it's so interesting about how each one is different and how they all have a different way at saying words >_<
Back to top Go down
kagomilee
manga lovers
manga lovers

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 4:15 am

I can speak and write in Chinese and English, I am wondering, how could I learn Japanese right now?
Back to top Go down
Akeisha
manga lovers
manga lovers
Akeisha

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 12:28 pm

I can speak Slovene (since I'm slovenian), English and German... Am studying Japanese, so I can read and speak beginners Japanese... :)
Back to top Go down
GarbagePheonix
manga lovers
manga lovers

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 6:58 am

english is my 1st (and only) language.
i tried to take spanish in high school but failed horribly. the reading and writing was fine for me but all my tests were verbal.
i picked up american sign language pretty fast but i've got no way to keep in practice. i rarely talk to hearing people as is so i don't see myself going out of my way to find Deaf people to converse with.
Back to top Go down
Night walker
Admin
Admin
Night walker

Number of posts : 730

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 11:03 am

yes i put a u in colour, that is the right way to spell it...stupid america's with only 200 years of history, and had to change things to make it easier to spell...SUFFER WITH THE REST OF US ENGLISH SPEAKERS!!! you learn to spell jail as gaol and remember that!!!

okay mental break-down over...sorry for calling you stupid... flame

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye
Back to top Go down
https://nightwalkerscans.forumotion.co.uk
beowulftheseus
manga lovers
manga lovers

Location : Dublin, Ireland or Atlanta, GA, USA (equal time in both)

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 6:02 pm

I can speak/read/write/live/breathe both British and American English (quite a feat I know but that's what living in Ireland will do...though many would argue that Irish English has NOTHING to do with English English...anyway). I also read/write/speak/understand French though my vocabulary has taken a beating the last couple years since I've had no one to talk to (tear...tear...). I can understand and read bits of Gaelic and Welsh though mostly I'll just stare at you, tilt my head to the side and go "huh?". I can understand and read German fairly well though my vocabulary is quite small. Same with Latin (however useful that is outside of medieval history). If they speak slowly I can understand parts of Italian and Spanish or at least reason out a large portion of it. I also can understand spoken Cherokee and some a little bit of Russian (hopefully more in future if I can get my friend to talk more). Essentially I can parrot back anything I hear so speaking languages isn't too bad, reading is a bit more difficult and I kind of suck at writing other languages unless I've actually been taught them. Oh, I also know a bit of Elvish if anyone's a Tolkein fan (I'm weird and have a random array of interests I know already!).
Back to top Go down
2bakid
manga lovers
manga lovers

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:30 pm

English only unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Batan
MANGA KNIGHTS
MANGA KNIGHTS

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:28 pm

I can speak German (well, I am German afterall^^), English, a bit French, but I don't like the language ( nothing agsinst the people, but I just don't like it)
At the moment I am learning Japanese
Back to top Go down
ItachiIsMyGod
manga lovers
manga lovers
ItachiIsMyGod

Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:49 am

I speak, read, write spanish and english. Also, Hope to learn japanese.
Back to top Go down
dianachan
manga lovers
manga lovers
dianachan

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:26 am

I know read write understand and speak both english and spanish. I know portuguese but i still have to study more.

Mi principal idioma es el español, ya que vivo en suramerica. Un saludo a todos los hispanohablantes.
Mi otro idioma es el inglés porque parte de mi familia vive en USA.

Thanks to every translator and staff. I appreciate your efforts... I hope a new release laughing
Back to top Go down
TamiTamTami
POSTING LOVERS
POSTING LOVERS
TamiTamTami

Number of posts : 80
Location : In a soft and cushy place that makes me feel all nice and warm inside! n.n
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:54 am

I can speak English and Russian. Surprisingly I don't know Japanese even though I am (my dad tried to teach me but I was too lazy to learn). I'm learning Spanish in school and I'm in Spanish 2! Tami is doing good in Spanish this year! laughing
Back to top Go down
shippo-chan
POSTING LOVERS
POSTING LOVERS
shippo-chan

Number of posts : 98
Location : my house got robbed. and car 2! so right know my location is sadland
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 5:45 am

i am speak english (well pwetty obvious) AHAHAHAHAHA im so bad at spelling and grammar i put i am speak english.......sowy lol and spanish. spanish was my first language which is weird cause i was born and waised in florida but my gramma raised me the most my parents where always at work so spanish is my 1st language thought i speak english better cause i pwactice it more...

Last edited by shippo-chan on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Huska
manga worshipers!
manga worshipers!
Huska

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:00 am

I Speak Chineese , Not Mandren<- Didnt bother if it was spelled correctly xD
Canadain English Eh.
French-Most of the time im clueless but i can speak a bit.

pikachu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what languages do you speak?   what languages do you speak? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what languages do you speak?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
night walker scans  :: chat :: chitty-chat-
Jump to: